Design Your Life to Live Longer Successfully

Brushing and flossing can make a difference in longevity. In living well through design it is important to take care of your self. People's definition of successful aging varies from person to person. What is your definition of successful aging? I am astounded by how many people do not want to look at aging. An associate of mine when she reached 50 decided that every year after that she would deduct a year from her age when asked. I always add a couple. Why? If you tell people you are 65 when you are actually 60 you can pretty much guarantee that they will respond with surprise and state how great you look! Actually, I tend to forget how old I am as it is just a number. I truly believe that it is not the number of years old I am but how much age I have in my years. I worked out with weights, run, box, row, stair climb, bike or hike five days a week. You would think that I must have a kick butt body but I don't. People would describe me as a large breasted women with big butt and big personality. My goal is not to be a super model but strong and in shape. The only centerfold I plan on modelling for in the future is AARP....

My personal goal and definition for healthy aging is to be of sound mind and body. I would like to be ambulatory and have vision as well as most of my hearing!

I read the following in a Real Age article this week that give you simple life concepts to improve the quality and length of your life:

A. Fall in love with your life. The article gives you five simple steps to follow http://www.realage.com/WellnessCenter/Articles.aspx?aid=10310 :
  1. Value your daily diversions
  2. Build your strength and independence
  3. Squash your stressers
  4. Celebrate and share your skills
  5. Appreciate the people around you
B. Nuture your friendships. Look at your social life and circle of friends. Learn how to bring quality into your relationships. http://healthlibrary.epnet.com/?token=1edc3d6e-4fec-4b20-baca-795e48830daa&chunkiid=25388

C. Mind your mood by getting enough sleep, exercise and the right amount of stress. Get a handle on your emotions. http://www.realage.com/WellnessCenter/Intro.aspx

The benefit of doing the about can make you as much as 6.5 years younger according to the article. Read it all "Want to Live to 100 Introduce Yourself" at: http://www.realage.com/ct/tips/8955

They offer a free test to see how old you are based on your living and exercising choices. Try it out at:
http://www.realage.com/reg/regvar/st1.aspx?mod=LONGFORM

Comments

Popular Posts